Our company is based in our home city of Auckland, New Zealand.
To learn about the name ‘Mondumo’ read Travel Philosophy. Our flagship tour is our New Zealand in 14 Days tour. Our first tour ran in October 2018 and since then we have run tours every March and October. Hear what our past tour members have to say on TripAdvisor here and Facebook reviews here. We are beginning tours “across the ditch” in Australia in 2021. We have plans to offer tours to other destinations in the future and we’re always open to new ideas and keen to know what you think. Let us know if there is a specific country or destination that you are interested in. Whilst being high in quality, we are down to earth in our approach. Our tours are not intended to shield tour members from the society they visit, but instead to encourage them to embrace it, connect with it, and burst the tourist bubble!
You can read more about the Mondumo Travel Philosophy here.
Feel free to connect on Social Media!
- Colin Mairs – https://twitter.com/colinmairs
- Colin Mairs – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkvam_vNYIGwQM0cs8vFiTQ
Colin featured in the media:
- Interview with Colin on Rick Steves’ website – https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/guides/colin-mairs
- Glasgow and Scottish Passions, (25 mins video) Rick Steves’ Europe with Colin as Rick’s tour guide – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PtXOw7mnjQ
- Scotland’s Islands, (25 mins video) Rick Steves’ Europe with Colin as Rick’s tour guide – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsR2Xy-HGPk
- Scotland’s Highlands, (25 mins video) Rick Steves’ Europe with Colin as Rick’s tour guide- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDiq5C34KL4
- Colin’s comments in Radio New Zealand article about the NZ Electronic Travel Authority – https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/401043/fake-visa-websites-fleecing-overseas-visitors
- ‘Glasgow Rises and Shines’ (The Sydney Morning Herald): http://www.traveller.com.au/glasgow-rises-and-shines-2xxlj
- A Glasgow les murs s’animent / In Glasgow the walls are animated (Le Monde): http://voyages.blog.lemonde.fr/2012/12/02/a-glasgow-les-murs-saniment/
- Colin reciting a poem in Rick Steves’ house: http://blog.ricksteves.com/blog/guides-variety-hour-scotland-haggis-and-happy-birthday-robbie-burns/
- “Behind the scenes” moments from filming with TV5 Monde / Discovery Channel for a TV show about Glasgow: http://ports.tv5.ca/2015/index.php?page=derriere-la-camera-glasgow