– Sydney and Uluru (Ayers Rock)
This tour can be taken on its own or as a pre- or post- tour extension for those joining our New Zealand in 14 Days tour.
This tour includes a small group (average 13-20 people), a top-rated professional tour guide, centrally located hotels, tour bus with extra space for more comfort, all sightseeing, all breakfast, 5 other meals (including a special last night dinner), all tips for drivers, local guides and wait staff at group meals, and countless unforgettable experiences.
- Sydney walking tour and local “pub dinner”
- Private visit to the Sydney Opera House
- Exclusive tour of Sydney’s northern beaches – a true “local” experience
- Tour Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) in Australia’s red centre
- Sunrise at Uluru (Ayers Rock) and learn about its indigenous significance
- Evening visit to the Field of Light art installation, including dinner
- Tour starts and ends in Sydney.
- 5 nights accommodation in: Sydney (3 nights), Uluru/Ayers Rock (2 nights).
- Tour price covers: accommodation every night of the tour; all breakfasts; 5 other meals; transportation throughout the tour; internal flights Sydney/Ayers Rock return; services of professional tour guides and Mondumo escort; admissions for all group activities mentioned on the itinerary; all tips/gratuities for drivers, local guides and waiting staff at group meals.
- Option for Early Pay Discount if paying 9 months before tour start date.
- Optional single supplements — we have a limited number of private rooms for solo travellers at an additional fee.
- Solo travellers may be able to arrange a same gender room share. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- Not included in tour price: You are responsible for the cost of your own drinks at meals and costs of free-time sightseeing. International flights (including flights required between Austrlia and New Zealand) and airport transfers are not included in the tour cost and should be arranged by yourself or with the help of a travel agent. We strongly recommend taking out comprehensive travel insurance at the time of tour and flight booking. See Terms and Conditions for important details regarding all of the above.
Day 1 – Welcome!
Welcome to Australia!
We’ll kick off with a welcome meeting and drinks at Rydges Sydney Harbour Hotel around 4pm, followed by a short orientation walking tour through the historic streets of The Rocks, an area developed as part of Sydney’s original urban plan. From here we get great views and photo opportunities of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera
House. This evening we’ll get to know each other a little better over a pub dinner (included) in The Rocks.
Day 2 – Sydney
This morning we’ll head out on foot for a private guided tour of the iconic Sydney Opera House. The afternoon and rest of the day is free for your own explorations in “the Harbour City”. Discover Sydney’s colourful colonial past, explore beautiful beaches, historic buildings and landmarks, and get acquainted with the city’s easygoing lifestyle and vibrant culture.
Day 3 – Sydney
Sydney – North Shore and more local sights
Today we’ll step aboard a private coach and cross the Harbour Bridge for a guided visit to Sydney’s North Shore and Manly Beach. We’ll take a walk along the picturesque coastal stretch between Manly and Shelley Beach – home of the Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve, a favoured spot for locals. We’ll discover waterfalls, secluded beaches, military history and even a bandicoot refuge. Enjoy a casual seafood lunch (included) with a cold locally brewed beer or glass of wine. Spend the afternoon exploring neighbouring beaches, rock pools and dramatic sandstone headlands.
Day 4 – Uluru
Welcome to Uluru!
This morning we fly from Sydney to Uluru, departing around 9am and arriving in Uluru at lunchtime. The spiritual heart of the Australian Outback, Uluru, dominates the desert landscape. This afternoon we explore the boulder formations and unique flora and fauna of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. Our private local guide will reveal the many attributes of this diverse environment and its cultural significance as a sacred Aboriginal ceremonial site. At Walpa Gorge walk between the mighty conglomerate domes and learn how they have evolved over millions of years. Take time to listen to the wind (Walpa) far above. The spirituality of this place embraces everyone who ventures here. This evening is free for you to relax at our 5 star accommodation Sails in the Desert, enjoy the swimming pool and other facilities, and perhaps dine at one of the resort’s restaurants (dinner at own cost).
Day 5 – Uluru
Uluru sunrise and sunset
An early start today (5am-ish) to travel towards Uluru, its vast shape rising from the sand dunes in the early dawn light. Our guide will take us to a special location to watch the sun rise over this amazing monolith. We will hear the Creation stories of Liru (poisonous snake) and Kuniya (python) and learn about the Mala people. After a “bush breakfast” in the desert we visit Mutijulu Waterhole, hear it’s story and see the rock art nearby, then drive around the base of Uluru before returning to Sails on the Desert. The afternoon is free to relax and shade from the heat or enjoy the facilities. This evening we visit The Field of Light art installation. More than 50,000 slender stems crowned with frosted-glass spheres bloom as darkness falls. As Uluru is thrown into silhouette, the field of light illuminates. As far as the eye can see gentle rhythms of colour light up the desert. Enjoy a three course dinner (included), followed by an explanation of the southern night sky from the resident star talker. A truly magical way to round off our last evening together!
Day 6 – Tour finishes in Sydney
No overnight accommodation
Breakfast and flight back to Sydney
Breakfast is provided today and our return flight to Sydney, but there are no group activities or visits. Flight departure to Sydney either 9am or 12pm dependant on availability of direct flights. Arrival to Sydney by around 5 or 6pm. Tour services over upon arrival in Sydney Airport. From here you may take your international flight to your onwards destination or back home. Ask us about onward travel advice if you wish to extend your time in Australia.
More details about this tour
- This tour requires a minimum of 9 tour members to run.
- At the time of booking/enquiry we can let you know how many are already booked.
- Hotels provisionally booked are the Rydges Sydney Harbour and the Sails in the Desert near Uluru. Hotels are subject to change. Please re-confirm hotels before making bookings for extra nights.
- Our Australian travel partner, One Pacific Pty Ltd (a member of the Australian Tourism Export Council) has been certified as COVID ready:
Contact us for any other questions about this tour – email@example.com / +64 27 366 5808