– Sydney and Uluru (Ayers Rock)
This tour can be taken on its own or as a pre- or post- tour extension for those joining our New Zealand in 14 Days tour starting either Feb 22, 2021 (in which case Australia is after NZ) or Mar 15, 2021 (in which case Australia is before NZ).
The Australia tour starts Mar 8, 2021 in Sydney.
This tour includes a small group (average 13-20 people), a top-rated professional tour guide, centrally located hotels, tour bus with extra space for more comfort, all sightseeing, all breakfast, 5 other meals (including a special last night dinner), all tips for drivers, local guides and wait staff at group meals, and countless unforgettable experiences.
- Sydney walking tour and local “pub dinner”
- Private visit to the Sydney Opera House
- Exclusive tour of Sydney’s northern beaches – a true “local” experience
- Tour Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) in Australia’s red centre
- Sunrise at Uluru (Ayers Rock) and learn about its indigenous significance
- Evening visit to the Field of Light art installation, including dinner
- Tour starts and ends in Sydney.
- 5 nights accommodation in: Sydney (3 nights), Uluru/Ayers Rock (2 nights).
- Tour price covers: accommodation every night of the tour; all breakfasts; 5 other meals; transportation throughout the tour; internal flights Sydney/Ayers Rock return; services of professional tour guides and Mondumo escort; admissions for all group activities mentioned on the itinerary; all tips/gratuities for drivers, local guides and waiting staff at group meals.
- Option for Early Pay Discount if paying 9 months before tour start date.
- Optional single supplements — we have a limited number of private rooms for solo travellers at an additional fee.
- Solo travellers may be able to arrange a same gender room share. Email email@example.com to discuss.
- Not included in tour price: You are responsible for the cost of your own drinks at meals and costs of free-time sightseeing. International flights (including flights required between Austrlia and New Zealand) and airport transfers are not included in the tour cost and should be arranged by yourself or with the help of a travel agent. We strongly recommend taking out comprehensive travel insurance at the time of tour and flight booking. See Terms and Conditions for important details regarding all of the above.
Day 1 – Welcome!
(Mon, Mar 8, 2021)
Welcome to Australia!
Welcome drinks and meeting at Rydges Hotel in Sydney Harbour. Short orientation walking tour to see the Rocks, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House. Casual first night dinner together in the historic Rocks area and enjoy some local culinary delights.
Day 2 – Sydney
(Tue, Mar 9, 2021)
Walking tour of Sydney. Visit the iconic Sydney Opera House – private guided tour. Discover Sydney’s colourful colonial past, miles of beautiful beaches, historic buildings and landmarks, award-winning restaurants, easy-going lifestyle and vibrant culture. Afternoon free for your own explorations.
Day 3 – Sydney
(Wed, Mar 10, 2021)
Sydney – North Shore and more local sights
Today we’ll cross the Harbour Bridge to visit Sydney’s North Shore and Manly Beach. Walk along the picturesque coastal stretch between Manly and Shelley Beach – home of the Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve. Small hikes and beach walks in locals’ favoured spots. Waterfalls, secluded beaches, military history and a bandicoot refuge. Casual seafood lunch with a cold locally brewed beer or glass of wine. Spend the afternoon exploring neighbouring beaches, rock pools, dramatic sandstone headlands – perfect for spotting dolphins and humpback whales.
Day 4 – Uluru
(Thu, Mar 11, 2021)
Welcome to Uluru!
This morning we fly to from Sydney to Uluru. Depart around 9am, arrive in Uluru at lunchtime. The spiritual heart of the Australian Outback, Uluru, dominates the desert landscape. Explore the boulder formations of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, where unique flora and fauna thrive. Your guide will reveal the many attributes of this diverse environment and it’s cultural significance as a sacred Aboriginal ceremonial site. At Walpa Gorge walk between the mighty conglomerate domes and learn how they have evolved over millions of years. Take time to listen to the wind (Walpa) far above. The spirituality of this place embraces everyone who ventures here. Sunrise or sunset with Uluru as the backdrop is a serenely unique experience.
Day 5 – Uluru
(Fri, Mar 12, 2021)
Uluru sunrise and sunset
Travel towards Uluru, its vast shape rising from the sand dunes in the early dawn light highlighting its presence in this country. Your guide will take you to a special location to watch the sun rise over this amazing monolith. You will learn the Creation stories of Liru (poisonous snake) and Kuniya (python) and hear about the Mala people. After breakfast visit Mutijulu Waterhole and then drive around the base of the Uluru before returning to base. Evening visit to The Field of Light. More than 50,000 slender stems crowned with frosted-glass spheres bloom as darkness falls. As Uluru is thrown into silhouette, the field of light illuminates. As far as the eye can see gentle rhythms of colour light up the desert. Three course dinner, followed by an explanation of the southern night sky from your resident star talker.
Day 6 – Tour finishes in Sydney
(Sat, Mar 13, 2021)
No overnight accommodation
Breakfast and flight back to Sydney
Breakfast is provided today and our return flight to Sydney, but there are no group activities or visits. Flight departure to Sydney either 9am or 12pm dependant on availability of direct flights. Arrival to Sydney by around 5 or 6pm. Tour services over upon arrival in Sydney Airport. From here you may take your international flight to your onwards destination or back home. Ask us about onward travel advice if you wish to extend your time in Australia.
Tour Dates & Prices:
– Mar 8 – Mar 13, 2021
- Tour Full Price: US$2,799 per person
- Early Pay Discount Price: US$2,499 per person (if you pay this full amount prior to June 8th, 2020)
- Above prices include all tips for drivers, guides, and wait staff at group meals.
- [Single supplement: US$590]
More details about this tour
– This tour requires a minimum of 9 tour members to run due to the group booking requirement of our flight from Sydney to Uluru.
– At the time of booking/enquiry we can let you know how many are already booked.
– Hotels provisionally booked are the Rydges Sydney Harbour and the Sails in the Dessert near Uluru. Hotels are subject to change. Please re-confirm hotels before making bookings for extra nights.
Contact us for any other questions about this tour – firstname.lastname@example.org / call/WhatsApp : +64 27 366 5808