The word mondumo (pronounced “mon-doo-mo”) comes from the Esperanto language, it can mean people, society and the world.
- People come first. Everyone who comes into contact with Mondumo Small Group Tours is a VIP. The people who work with us – guides, drivers, hotel staff and other vendors. The people who travel with us are the heart and soul of our company. They are our reason for being.
- From the Latin word socius meaning ‘companion’, society effectively relates to ‘companionship and ‘friendly association with others’. At Mondumo Small Group Tours we understand that people want people. An important aspect of our tours is connecting with the people of the societies that we visit. We become temporary members of that society and we show respectful compassion to it. We aim to burst the tourist bubble and avoid “tick the box tourism”.
- Our world is made to be explored. The human race has travelled to every corner of our world. The journey of humankind is one of the most fascinating stories. We are all related in this world and we should bear that in mind when we travel.
Mondumo has a fourth meaning in Esperanto – jet-set.
Some people say that we at Mondumo Small Group Tours live a jet-set lifestyle, but we like to hope that this is also balanced with a good degree of social responsibility, being respectful travelers and not ugly tourists and getting to know the local culture.
- We value experiences over luxury.
- We provide high quality tours with a down to earth approach.
- We are upfront. There are no hidden costs. Your tour guide is on your side.
We believe you should get the best experience regardless of cost. We include all visits that are mentioned on itineraries. There are no hidden costs.
All tips/gratuities are included for all of your guides as per country norms, as well as for drivers and local guides.
The money you pay for the tour covers your tour, transportation, services of a professional top end guide in the country, half your meals, all breakfasts, accomodation every night of the tour, all activities mentioned on the itinerary and all tips/gratuities.
When you compare our tours side by side with another tour company consider also the hidden costs that you will probably pay once on that other tour.
We also believe in balancing the itinerary properly meaning your day is not overloaded with quick, meaningless stops, just to tick boxes. At Mondumo Small Group Tours we do not do “tick the box tourism”.
If you just looking to tick boxes to “say you have been” but not really experience the places you visit in any meaningful way, that is not us.
If you want to experience and appreciate the places you go come with us and do it the Mondumo way.
• About us